News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Shipping Issues and Purchases Finally Received

Started by Doug Rose, April 05, 2020, 07:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

QuoteTo get back on track to the discussion of "Shipping Issues," this is a listing showing transit times of my last 7 eBay purchases:

2 days:  4-25  CHICAGO, IL  --  Delivered to WI 4-27
_ days:  4-24 CHICOPEE, MA  --  departed CHICOPEE, MA 4-27, still in transit on day 4
3 days:  4-24 OREGONIA, OH  --  Delivered to WI 4-27
2 days:  4-22 HOLLYWOOD, FL --  Delivered to WI 4-24
3 days:  4-22 LEBANON, OH  --  Delivered to WI 4-25
3 days:  4-20 CHATEAUGAY, NY  --  Delivered to WI 4-23
2 days:  4-18 FOUNTAIN HILLS, AZ  --  Delivered to WI 4-20

Only the northeast seems to have movement issues, and the HOLLYWOOD, FL shipment even went through OPA LOCKA, FL. I've never seen such a consistent record of faster than expected delivery times.

And, yes, eBay tracking has stopped for me at times but by plugging the tracking number into the USPS tracking web site, the current information was there, the item was well along its way to being delivered even though eBay tracking stopped updating.

You are having better success than I.  I bought a clock on Ebay early last week, and the USPS hasn't tracked it now for more than five days, and it was sent by Priority Mail:

Tracking History
April 27, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 23, 2020, 2:36 am
Departed USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131

April 22, 2020, 9:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131

April 22, 2020, 12:21 pm
USPS in possession of item
ONALASKA, WI 54650

April 22, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

I am rather anxious to receive the item, but I am wondering if it will ever arrive now.

Larry

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Im waiting on another payphone shipped priority from Indianapolis to Michigan,  its been over a week,  got 5 other packages doing the same thing. 

Pretty much given up on getting them and filing an item not received claim with ebay on everything

LarryInMichigan

My clock from Wisconsin has still not yet arrived.  Ten days after leaving St Paul, it reportedly arrived at the Detroit facility and left that facility shortly afterward, but that was more than two days ago, and it still has not arrived at my local PO.  The USPS got the package 13 days ago.  I am apprehensive about buying anything online now.

Larry

Desert Phone Guy

Also, I am having issues with FedEx .... no updates on tracking, no movement of packages, and late deliveries....

Anyone else having issues with FedEx??

FABphones

Same issues with courier in the UK. Tracking said they received the package but added no further updates.
Package took about three weeks to be delivered, no update to tracking throughout.
Late, but it did turn up.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

My clock from Wisconsin finally arrived on Thursday, only 15 days after being mailed.  There wasn't any damage to the package either.  I am very glad to have it now.  I bought a phone on Ebay (ebay link) a few days ago, and it was shipped yesterday Parcel Select.  I sure hope that it won't take so long to arrive.

Larry

tubaman

Nice clock Larry - glad it arrived safely.
:)

Key2871

Snail mail has given a whole new meaning to S l o w
KEN

david@london

A very nice clock Larry - rather an elegant design. Good that it finally arrived undamaged.

The ivory GPO set is a great find. I think that the handset is quite early as it has the layout of holes without the small recess.
01 is the old code for Greater London and I believe that the 642 number originates from Sutton in Surrey.

phonetech87

Doug;

I had an item (not telephone and not food). The shipping details indicated 1-11 days.
I am not holding my breath.

Ben

Quote from: david@london on May 11, 2020, 08:45:06 AM
A very nice clock Larry - rather an elegant design. Good that it finally arrived undamaged.

The ivory GPO set is a great find. I think that the handset is quite early as it has the layout of holes without the small recess.
01 is the old code for Greater London and I believe that the 642 number originates from Sutton in Surrey.

david@london

Is there any chance you could post a clear close up of the stamp on the handset?

Thanks CDN Doug

david@london

Doug,
I'd be interested to see a close up photo too.....we'll have to wait and ask Larry to do that when he receives the phone. I believe it is en route to him from Pennsylvania.

Quote from: david@london on May 11, 2020, 10:13:50 AM
Doug,
I'd be interested to see a close up photo too.....we'll have to wait and ask Larry to do that when he receives the phone. I believe it is en route to him from Pennsylvania.

Sorry about that, for some reason I thought you bought it.  :o

HarrySmith

International shipments seem to be even worse. I sent a payphone to Taiwan. It left Miami on May 24th. I have not gotten any shipping updates since. I contacted the buyer and he does not have any shipping info on his end. Sent a message to the post office, still waiting for a reply.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

I had some parts delivered to me this morning by Canada Post. Everything was fine in the box.
It was sent out Friday the 8th and I received them this Morning. (Monday the 11th)
That was though regular mail! I'm in shock.