News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

315H Magneto Subset

Started by MMikeJBenN27, April 12, 2020, 09:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

I am rebuilding a 315H Magneto Subset.  The wiring diagram shows that a battery is supposed to be in it, but there is no space for one.  What kind of battery, and how many of them, should I use?  It has a 3 bar generator.

Mike

rdelius

It used 2  #6? 1.5 v dry cells. They were placed in a metal box. You can use smaller d or c cells .You might find holders for these on ebay. They might fit inside

Jim Stettler

There is a collector that makes repro #6 dry cells. The have a battery holder inside. He has quite a few different labels and tops for the batteries.
I will try to find his contact info.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

MMikeJBenN27

Hello folks,
I am refurbishing a 315H Magneto Subset.  The wiring diagram shows that a battery and a condenser are to be used.  I got an answer about the batteries, but I forgot to ask about the condenser.  The wiring diagram shows the condenser connections in a dashed, instead of solid, line.

Mike

poplar1

The 315 is basically the same as the 317 (1317 Wall Phone). The batteries for the 315 were installed in a separate unit that held up to 3 Dry Cells.

The condenser is optional in both. It could be connected in series with the receiver so that if one subscriber forgot to hang up, all others could still use the hand generators to signal each other or the operator. (Unlike in some made-for-TV films, you didn't lift the receiver before cranking when you wanted to make a call.)

Ebay item 254502880044

Can someone download the auction photos?

(For some reason I can't download photos from Ebay or even highlight the url.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

MMikeJBenN27

dsk

You could hide 2 or 3 AA batteries in series inside the subset, they will last pretty long.

dsk