News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Screw Size for Mounting Bottom Bases to WE candlestick phones

Started by Desert Phone Guy, April 29, 2020, 12:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

Can anyone confirm the size of the  round head slotted machine screw  that is used to attach the bottom base covers?

I believe it to be  6-32 x 1/2 inch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Cole

Doug Rose

Steve....it is the same size as the screw that holds on the condenser cover and the cord connector on the 302s...Doug
Kidphone

Desert Phone Guy

Thanks Doug.. I know the size interchanges... I am looking at some new old stock USA made screws and the size on the box says 6-32.  Just trying to confirm they will fit.  Looking at a  photo.... don't have the in hand.

Steve

HowardPgh

I think the screws that hold the faceplates on light switches and electric plugs are 6-32. try one of those in the candle stick base.
Howard

Desert Phone Guy

Mystery solved.

Confirmed the screws are 6-32, 1/4 in length.

So soon I will have some NOS Iron slotted machine screws from the 1930's to replace the beat up ones that always are on phones when we get them.

Pourme

~
Silly to get excited about screws but, I'd like to know more?

Can you share your source....what else of interest could they have?

You had me at NOS.....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Desert Phone Guy

I received the screws today... Funny how US made screws were found in Canada, but anyway.

They look really good, and the fit the bases of WE Candlesticks and other WE items.  The box says they are Iron, as opposed to steel.  Also, the seller indicated that he was told they were from the 1930's.

At any rate, I think they look great on the bottom of a base.  Only a collector would look there anyway.  They have a bluish tint, not a shiny chrome, and they are traditional round head slotted, so I think they are period correct.

Some photos attached to check out if you are still quarantined.

Steve