News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Some Night Shots of our outdoor Payphones

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, June 25, 2020, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Went out and took some pretty nice pics of everything lit up tonight.   

Our free to use payphone gets on average used about 20 times per week.    We put up the bulletin board to for people to post whatever they want.     It has become quite popular in our little rural neighborhood. 

The phone in the red booth is also hooked up on the side of the house.   Neighbor kids come over and call eachother from both payphones.    And yes that is a working traffic light I put up.  Since we are going for a city street theme in the front of our property. 

SUnset2

That is cool.  I hope nobody knocks over your mailbox by trying to phone from their car like the sign says.

I fixed your pictures for you.

RB

Key2871

Looks good ( thanks Doug for correcting) I hope you haven't anymore trouble with someone trying to destroy your setup.
And what's the lighted area behind? With shelf??
KEN

Thats our community bulletin board we put up for peeps in the neighborhood to post lost pet signs,  and stuff like that. 

Babybearjs

can anyone access that phone for use? or is it just open to your visitors?
John

Key2871

Oh, that's a great idea! Boy I'd like to live in that hood.
Payphone, nice people.. Can't beat that.
Don't get me wrong I live in a great community but I don't know that a payphone would fly around here..
I think some may not get the vibe the rest of us do.
Nice work, thanks for posting.
KEN

Quote from: Key2871 on June 26, 2020, 06:11:25 PM
Oh, that's a great idea! Boy I'd like to live in that hood.
Payphone, nice people.. Can't beat that.
Don't get me wrong I live in a great community but I don't know that a payphone would fly around here..
I think some may not get the vibe the rest of us do.
Nice work, thanks for posting.

Yup its set up so anyone who needs to make a call can do so for free,  and we average 20 calls a week on it. 

tallrick

I have one also it is set up for 25 cent calls but there are stil some who use it. The coin insterted returns after the call is completed due to the way I rigged the relay.