News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Polycom 331 VoIP phones may be available (pay only shipping)

Started by paul-f, July 11, 2020, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

From John Jones: [If interested, please respond to John Jones by email: jjones3601@yahoo.com]

A member contacted me to let me know that his employer may donate up to 30 Polycom 331 VoIP phones to TCI.

Anybody that wants one or more of these phones, please contact me with quantity desired. It will be your responsibility to pay for shipping from the east coast to your place. I will use flat rate USPS boxes to reduce the administrative effort.

No charge for the phone, but a voluntary donation to TCI would be appreciated.

I will coordinate with some CNET technical folks with the goal of developing a way to use one of these phones without an Asterisk server so you just plug it in to your Internet connection and it registers and can make and receive CNET calls. Of course, if you already have an Asterisk server on premises, it will be easier to connect locally to your server.

A few notes:
- It is possible this will not come through. No money will be requested until I'm sure it will. 
- No phones will be shipped before you send money to me.
- The goal is to place all 30 of these phones. So please ask for as many as you are willing to pay shipping for. If there are a lot of people that want a phone, I'll assign one to each on a first come, first served basis. If there are more phones, I'll distribute them as equally as possible to all that want multiple phones.
- I believe that 48V wall wart power supplies are also included with the phones. If anybody runs Power over Ethernet and does NOT need the wall wart, please let me know in case there are more phones than power supplies.

If there are folks out there who want to help  work on options to make these work without a local Asterisk server, please let me know so I have some idea of how much help I can anticipate.

I do not want to ship outside of the US. If you live elsewhere and want one or more of these, perhaps you can reach out to a friend in the US who will re-ship them to you.

Reply only to me so we won't need any Drano to unclog the mailing lists.

John Jones - jjones3601@yahoo.com
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line