News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell Telephone Pedal Truck

Started by ....., September 24, 2020, 06:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At the end of July I picked up this A&W pedal car at a pre estate sale. Friends of mine knew the people that were having the sale. The minute I seen it, I knew I was going to make it into a Bell Telephone Truck. I bought it for a $100.00 CDN. Over the last few months in my spare time I totally dismantled the truck.  I had the body parts painted green and fenders black. The rims were painted to resemble spoke rims. I reassembled it. I'm now waiting for the gold BELL TELEPHONE stickers for the back sides and tailgate. I had the small round Bell Telephone logos already. A friend of mine is making me a miniature wooden ladder to mount on the side of the truck. Now that it's almost finished, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on September 24, 2020, 06:59:18 PM
. Now that it's almost finished, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.
It looks cool, once the truck is done, you can start stocking it.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Quote from: Jim Stettler on September 24, 2020, 07:14:19 PM
It looks cool, once the truck is done, you can start stocking it.
JMO,
Jim

Thanks Jim, I can always stock it with the salesman sample phones I have.

Doug Rose

Doug.....that is just Fantastic! What a professional job! You certainly have some unique pieces in your collection. Outstanding....other Doug
Kidphone

countryman

Scott

Thanks Guys,

It's a labour of love, I need to do something in retirement.
It wasn't a hard choice to convert it from an A&W peddle car to a Bell peddle truck.
I had a few negative comments as to why would I do that. It was already a collectable as it was.
I'm not a A&W collector, as nice as it was. I think the Bell Truck was a better fit for me and it's going to be a one off.
I made up a 1928 Ontario license plate for it today.

UPDATE: I decided to make a smaller license plate.

This Old Telephone Truck in the picture below was my inspiration for this peddle truck.

Babybearjs

definitely, a one of a kind item. I had to look twice because I saw the model A phone truck (or is it a model T?) and wasn't sure what I was looking at.... real nice job! too bad those are for sale anymore... the kids used to love them....
John

Some more changes, tail lights and the license plates mounted correctly.

Gary Z

What talent and vision to pull that off. Very well done!!

Quote from: Roody on September 26, 2020, 02:44:18 PM
What talent and vision to pull that off. Very well done!!

Thanks, It's been fun.

Finally got the Bell Telephone gold flake decals in and installed. The ladder is in the works, should have it shortly.

Jim Stettler

Wow,
That turned out great. Very cool project.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Thanks Jim.

Finally got the ladder, it's even stamped with a BTC logo. Still have to find some type of taillights. I didn't like the first ones I had mounted.

Taillights and headlights.