Main Menu

Phone Niche On The Wall

Started by princessphone, October 15, 2020, 03:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessphone

Thank you SUnset2 and Duffy for you input an comments.  John

Key2871

Ha! Yea good luck suing..
Its all in the process of milling, first off the line are quite rough, as we got softer we wanted less splinters in our hands. So now the milling removed all those pesky splinters and leave us with what we now call dimentinal lumber.
No in fact some mills left a little more some a little less, so they decided to standardize lumber, just like many other things. That too have faultered again..
KEN

FABphones

Quote from: SUnset2 on October 16, 2020, 01:01:10 AM
The first photo is of one that I got from a friend who salvaged it from an old house...

Would you please add a photo of the rear of it?
Thanks.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

FABphones

Stumbled across a couple of old adverts where they call them 'Telephone Cabinets'. Second image also gives dimensions:

SUnset2

Quote from: FABphones on October 17, 2020, 03:55:02 PM
Would you please add a photo of the rear of it?
Thanks.

Here you go.
The flange broke when it was removed from the wall.  It can be re-glued.

Key2871

Now thats craftsmanship.. Even though it looks like plywood its most likely not.
KEN

FABphones

Quote from: SUnset2 on October 31, 2020, 12:50:34 AM
Here you go...

Thanks for that. I am seriously considering making one of these and I like if possible to see all sides of a project I'm 'copying' to get a good idea of how it was done originally.

I think it's time for me to once again start collecting up all the reclaim wood I can find.....

:)

Quote from: FABphones on November 01, 2020, 04:14:39 AM
Thanks for that. I am seriously considering making one of these and I like if possible to see all sides of a project I'm 'copying' to get a good idea of how it was done originally.

I think it's time for me to once again start collecting up all the reclaim wood I can find.....

:)

Good luck with that CJ. Draw up some plans with the cut sizes and the material you used. A long with the tools and the technique used for this project. Post your plans, possibly another collector might want to build one.