News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE D-18057774 C.S. Payphone question & parts request.

Started by HarrySmith, April 22, 2021, 02:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have a WE D-18057774 C.S. payphone which if I recall properly is a 233 or 236 type converted for home use by WE.
Question: When I drop in coins they fall right through to the return. I took out the coin chute and it looks good compared to others I have. The customer who is purchasing this phone wants to hear the coins hit the gongs as they drop through. I did notice on the top inside there is a "gate" the coins go through after they drop into the gauge that looks broken. I have attached a picture of that part and also one I save from another phone. Any ideas?

Also there is supposed to be a special bracket & ringer that mounts inside this phone. It has a network & bracket already inside. I need the ringer & bracket for it. I will also need 3 locks with keys. Any help? PM me please.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Hi Harry.
I don't think your coin entry part is broken???
not sure of the model, but I got one of those too.
However, there seems to be a few different types.
Yours appears to be the more stripped version.
That top pic shows what appears to be the replaced chute.
If you do not have the chute and the gongs, you are in for a big overhaul.
Mine did not have the chute removed, so it was easy to put it back to original config.
I was only missing the coin relay. and it has a coil cord on the handset, not the armored one.
I do believe, the original parts are still available, though.
I could be wrong about all of this...It has happened.
Good luck with it! hope you don't need the 10G lock...it seems to be made of gold!

HarrySmith

I have the coin chute. I removed it to get a better look. I also have spares I compared it to and it appears complete.
The phone was almost complete when I got it except for the ringer, vault door & locks. I have the relay also but I was told it is not needed for this phone. I have vault doors for it but no locks. I think I can use locks other than the 10G, maybe a 10L?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

The CS paystation has the fingers cut off of that part. The coins will be rejected if that part is not replaced

HarrySmith

Cool. I thought so. I have a spare to put in there so that will work! Thanks Robbie!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

10L lock is for AE vault door. 30C from single slot WE vault will fit WE door. Upper housing WE lock is 10G or 10H, but AE 29S or NE 21B will also fit.

There is a topic on the forum about a workaround when the plastic fingers are cut off in these CS coin gauges.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RB

my bad, I missed where you said you removed the chute. been a while since I did mine. ::)
There was a mod where they replaced the whole chute with a big flat guide to just funnel the coins straight through, I think???
Quote from: rdelius on April 22, 2021, 07:17:21 PM
The CS paystation has the fingers cut off of that part. The coins will be rejected if that part is not replaced
Can't remember what it was supposed  to look like, mine had a part worn in the dime slot, I was able to "fix" it with a small wedge inserted in the slot.
won't reject a dime, but will guide it into the chute now.
I still need to find a relay for mine. I would like to eventually get it back to functional. "if I can find one I can afford".
I gave up on using a 10G lock, gonna use a lock from an arcade machine in the big hole instead.
Gonna look for a 30C for the vault door, mine has a screw through the slot into the coin box. looks real classy.
Mine also had the ringer in it. clunky sounding thing, but works.

HarrySmith

Yeah, I have seen that "funnel" somewhere but I have a complete chute. I will replace the broken part for the coins. Now I need some parts. I will put in wanted section.
I think I may have a relay for you. I will try to dig them out over the weekend.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

paul-f

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 22, 2021, 02:35:45 PM
I have a WE D-18057774 C.S. payphone which if I recall properly is a 233 or 236 type converted for home use by WE.

D-180574 (less a few 7s) was used for sets converted for private line use and sold thru Phone Center Stores and other Design Line outlets.

Background and a BSP reference are here:
http://www.paul-f.com/weDesignLine.html#CoinDecorator

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line