News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Greygate Bakelite Polish

Started by LarryInMichigan, September 02, 2021, 11:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolan613

Hi Larry...  My supply is very low so count me in for two(2) tubes. If you still are going to order will be happy to pay up front.

Thanks and be well...  Nolan
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

LarryInMichigan

I am going to wait until the shipping situation settles down, but it appears that there should be sufficient demand to make an order.  Hopefully, I will be able to do so in January.

Thank You

Larry

Nick in Manitou

I have been out of circulation for a while, but I may be able to get back to the phones now that things are settling down a bit for us. (Luckily, no big problems, just moving (again) getting settled down in New Mexico, and the usual distractions.)

So, I would like to request a tube as well, if that is still an option.

Also, happy to pay up front as well.

Nick

LarryInMichigan

I had been busy for while after I first inquired, but when I tried to order some polish a number of weeks ago, the website seemed to indicate that it would have to be back-ordered.  I sent the company a message with a few questions, but I never received a reply.  I will have to give it another try soon.  My supply is almost completely gone.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

Does anyone here know if Greygate is still in business?  I have sent them email messages on two occasions and never received any reply.  I have been wanting to order a 12-pack of polishing paste, but the website seems to indicate that it is available on back-order. 

Thank You

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I finally received an order of 12 tubes of Greygate polish today.  I have to figure out how to send them out now.  The tubes are a somewhat awkward size, about 6 1/2" x 1 1/8" x 1 1/8", and I don't really have any appropriately sized boxes.  I don't know if a tube would survive in an envelope with padding.  I expect that the price per single tube with postage within the USA will be around $11 - $12.

Larry

Nick in Manitou

Larry,

I am pleased that it finally worked out and that you have received the polish.
I will send you my address in a PM.
No hurry!
Thanks for your efforts and let me know what the final cost is when you get it into the mail.
Your time and effort is appreciated.
Nick

countryman

I suppose when you fold a piece of cardboard around the tube it should be safe to put it into a padded envelope.

FABphones

Place the Greygate inside the centre of a Kitchen Roll tube. They fit inside the brand I purchase and the cardboard tubes of the brand I buy are also very tough. More than one tube will fit.

Or cut up a carton box from something that is packed into a thicker/heavier cardboard protection box (such as wine). Fold it around the tube boxes for additional shipping protection.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

david@london

Glad it arrived, Larry. It is top quality polish for bakelite. I think you'll find quite a few customers as this product is not normally available west of Ireland.

I used Greygate on this GPO 312...

LarryInMichigan

I have come up with a packaging improvisation using corrugated cardboard, but packing each tube will be a hassle.  I will be keeping a tube or two for my own use and will be offering tubes to a few local collectors.  I have used this polish in the past with good results on some phones, clocks, and radios.

I really appreciate your help, David.

Larry

david@london

LarryInMichigan

I have sent out a couple of tubes so far, and I would like to see if they arrive safely before sending more.  Also, I am awfully busy at the moment, so it may be a week or two before I have a chance to send out more.  I apologize to the people who requested tubes, but I expect to be sending them once things have settled here a bit.

Thank You

Larry

nolan613

While selling fountain pens online I used thin wall pie pipe to protect the pens. Would think it would work with these tubes. Am sending my address via PM.

Thank you for ALL the work in aquiring thesis for us.
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

LarryInMichigan

I have been improvising boxes with pieces of corrugated cardboard.  I think that all of the tubes are already sent or claimed/reserved.  Perhaps I should have ordered two dozen.

Larry