News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring of Receiver Connections on WE 50AL?

Started by SUnset2, February 15, 2022, 01:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUnset2

In the wiring diagram for a Western Electric 50AL, it shows the green from the receiver connecting to the green wire from the subset (sidetone type).  Where do I make this connection?  Make a splice and wrap with electrical tape?  Other models have a little terminal block.  I assume the white wire from the receiver goes to the W terminal on the dial.  Does anybody have  photos of a correctly wired phone?

poplar1

In a 50AL, all connections, other than the dial cord connected to the 4 dial terminals, were originally made on the rack, just as they were in a manual (non-dial) desk stand.

Electrically, it will be the same if you connect the white receiver cord to W on the dial, and green receiver cord directly to the green desk stand cord...but you would still need to connect the red desk stand cord conductor to R on the hookswitch, and the yellow conductor either to Y on the rack or Y on the dial.

So you will lose a little bit of length of both cords by connecting them on the rack, but that would be the correct way to do it.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

From AT&T Specifications 4566 (TCI Library):
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

SUnset2

Thank  you POplar1.  That diagram is exactly what I need.