News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help identifying metal & wood wall phone

Started by wds, February 15, 2022, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Can anyone help me identify this wall phone?  it's a mix of metal and wood, with the battery box being metal.   But not a single marking on the phone.  I did find some markings on the coil and ringer.  And a serial No. on the backboard.  Any ideas?

< edit 02-16-22 : image removed, rotated, reattached >
Dave

wds

Dave

FABphones

Quote from: wds on February 15, 2022, 05:53:46 PM
Not sure why all the pictures are sideways.

Everything you need to know, and more, on this detailed thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24795

In my experience a simple crop of photos before uploading to CRPF tidies up an image nicely, and orientation will always be correct.

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Nice phone! Looks European to me, German perhaps, but I'm not sure past that.
Coils appear to be marked 'ZAW' but I don't know who that is/was.

countryman

Coils and magneto look German influenced indeed. ZAW does not ring a bell for me either. 1936 is clearly readable, that is quite late for an induction coil with a wooden core. I can't say I have seen a similar transmitter assembly before.

I have a French magneto desk set branded "ASP" which I also could not identify. I suspect it was made during wartime shortages by a professional person from older parts. Maybe this object also has an individual history of this type.

wds

I removed the writing board hoping to find some markings, and on the back side was a list of phone numbers.  I tried googling the numbers but couldn't get anything.   Where are these numbers from?
Dave

countryman

The first line is "Wohnung Mayer Eva" (Apartment Mayer Eva), that's clearly German.
I doubt you can still reach her with the number given ;-)