News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Has anyone heard of a 5310

Started by bushman, May 04, 2010, 08:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I just picked up a 5302 (waiting for it to arrive) . But I noticed in the pictures it actually is marked 5310. It has an additional button. but it appears to be a push button. Not like the 5410 2 line button. Just curious.

Bushman

Russ Kirk

Hi

http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#5300
2-line.  Key (turn-switch) below and to the left of dial.

I am not aware of any BSP for a 5310 set.

Russ......

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

LarryInMichigan

Bushman,

Can you post the pictures or links to them?

Larry

JorgeAmely

BM:

Excellent snag! You can't beat that price.  ;D
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

The button temporarily connects the green and yellow wires from the line cord.  Perhaps this is a 'ground-start' button, possibly for use on a PBX.

Larry

paul-f

There have been similar 5310 sightings several times in the past (possibly this set several times).  As Russ pointed out, we haven't seen a BSP or formal documentation that covers this yet.

The general numbering rule for 5302-style sets is that the phone is a converted desk set from a standard 300-series and uses the 300-series model number preceeded by a 5.  Has anyone seen a reference to a BSP or catalog entry for a 310 set?  Has anyone seen a standard 300-series set with a pushbutton in this position?

As Larry stated, the speculation has been that the phone(s) were created for use behind a PBX -- probably by a non-Bell System refurbisher.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Quote from: paul-f on May 05, 2010, 12:55:51 AM
As Larry stated, the speculation has been that the phone(s) were created for use behind a PBX -- probably by a non-Bell System refurbish er.

Paul;
If that is the case, then a BSP wouldn't exist correct? No official paper trail.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

D/P,

A Bell System paper trail wouldn't exist if there was no Bell System 5310 or 310 set. 

Absent a Bell System paper trail, we can suspect that it's most likely that the 5310 number was created by the non-Bell System refurbisher.

(The documentation for a 5310 may be out there waiting to be discovered!)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line