News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Am I missing a piece?

Started by AlexHorse, June 18, 2022, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHorse

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I'm kind of new to the payphone stuff. But anyway I bought this little wall mounted booth from a guy off craigslist and after looking at it I was wondering is there some sort of plate that I'm missing to mount it to the wall? It looks to me like if I put the mounting plate from my phone in it the opening in the back is larger than the phone and I just don't remember ever seeing the wall from behind one of these things when you used to see payphones inside places. Other question I had was does anyone happen to know if it's even possible anymore to find those decals anymore? The metal is not really in the best of shape and has a few holes drilled in the sides for reasons unknown to me that I'd like to fill. But to hide them I'd have to replace the decals

TelePlay

I doubt that new old stock decals will be easy to find (I may be wrong), if they exist at all, but you can get custom die cut vinyl decals like that made but it will be pricey.

Google "Custom Vinyl Decals" for a lot of companies that make anything you want to design.

AlexHorse

Quote from: TelePlay on June 19, 2022, 11:32:20 AMI doubt that new old stock decals will be easy to find (I may be wrong), if they exist at all, but you can get custom die cut vinyl decals like that made but it will be pricey.

Google "Custom Vinyl Decals" for a lot of companies that make anything you want to design.
Oh that's a good idea! I didn't think about checking out a sign shop. Thank!