News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New to the forum and introducing myself.

Started by Just4Phones, May 12, 2010, 07:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just4Phones

Hello everyone.  I just found this forum last night and joined immediately.  I just wanted to introduce myself to the members.  My name is Joel and I live in NYC.  I have been seriously collecting phones for about 10 years but I have loved phones since I was a young boy.  My parents gave me a phone in my room for my 16th birthday and I opted for a yellow 1975 hardwired 500 which I always loved.  I am always interested in making phone friends and if anyone is in the NYC area feel free to get in touch.  I have about 75 phones ranging from the SC Fatboy up to and including a few Deco Tels from the early 70's.  Anything that is hardwired interests me.  I am currently searching for 10 button princesses, 1500's and of course the soft plastic 500's from the 50's of which I have quite a few.  Hope to talk to some people soon and thanks for reading this  :)

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum, Joel.  I think you will enjoy the place.  This is the place to talk about everything you have said you collect.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Welcome aboard, Joel.  We enjoy looking at photos so feel free to upload some photos of your collection.  I'm sure you will find everyone friendly and helpful.  Glad you dropped by..........

~Dennis

Dan/Panther

Joel;
Glad to have you on board. please post photos of some of your phones.
Feel free to roam around and look at what's going on, and don't be afraid to chime in anytime.
No one here will snap your head off like other forums.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Joel, nice 10 button green avatar! I have a yellow and white 10 button. Welcome!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Just4Phones

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  If someone would be kind enough to show me how to post pics without breaking any forum rules  :-[  I would love to show off some of my babies  :)

Dennis Markham

Joel, funny you should mention that.  I JUST posted a how-to after I made my welcoming comments.  I was supposed to do that a long time ago.  I think you'll find it simple.  Let me know if you have a problem.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2670.0

~Dennis

Just4Phones

Thanks for the help.  Here is 6 to start out with.  Let me know if you want to see more  ;D

bellsystemproperty

Welcome Joel. I too have an AE880. They are the best speakerphone and you can even have a conversation on one that is so clear the other caller can't even tell.
Here's mine in green.

Just4Phones

OMG a green one  :o  I am green with envy pun intended ;)

bellsystemproperty

I love the green color. I've never see a purple rotary phone though  ;D ;D

Russ Kirk

Welcome aboard!

I like seeing everyone else's collection.  I like that AE speakerphone.  Now I want one!

Russ.....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan

I'm going to guess the light blue princess is a 1963? Am I right?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bellsystemproperty

Quote from: Russkirk on May 12, 2010, 08:37:51 PM
Welcome aboard!

I like seeing everyone else's collection.  I like that AE speakerphone.  Now I want one!

Russ.....
They show up on eBay from time to time. Mine was only $15, but I saw one at the last phone show.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010