News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Later Monophone win on ebay.. Some have it easy.....

Started by Bill Cahill, November 19, 2008, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bill;
A little pricey isn't it. You are starting to climb out of my league my friend.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

I'm not going to talk to you anymore!!!!  Clearly you are in league with the Dark Side of the Force, how else do you explain this???   ;)

Dan

I love the AE "silent dial sound". My garage phone, an AE90, has that sound. I wish there was a way to date the AE's. I don't have a desk one like this, but if you open it up, are there any dates?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Bill Cahill

Quote from: McHeath on November 19, 2008, 10:14:14 PM
I'm not going to talk to you anymore!!!!  Clearly you are in league with the Dark Side of the Force, how else do you explain this???   ;)

Bwwaaahhaaahhhaaa!!!  :D ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan on November 19, 2008, 11:08:14 PM
I love the AE "silent dial sound". My garage phone, an AE90, has that sound. I wish there was a way to date the AE's. I don't have a desk one like this, but if you open it up, are there any dates?

Hi there Dan,

I have opened AE's before but I didn't find dates on them, maybe because AE's here in the Philippines are locally manufactured.

HobieSport

I don't think any AEs have dates on them but of course I could be mistaken.
I asked Old Phone Works and they said they'd never seen a dated AE.  See this thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=244.0

TIPandRING

Bill,

I think you've got yourself a party-line phone. I have one just like this. Notice there is no loudness adjust on the bottom, just a slot to adjust what "number" this phone is... I may have to examine mine a little more carefully. I just bought it for parts but thought that was a bit odd.

Bill Cahill

Nope. Not a party line. It has the regular bell volume control.
Bill Cahill

HobieSport

I really like the older AE80s.  They make nice companions/comparisons to WE 500s. :)