News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New job, and I have to use my Dialgizmo and rotary to keep the standard.

Started by dsk, September 15, 2010, 05:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

;D Changed school (I'm a teacher) and we are several teacher in the same office sharing one line.
so I splitted the line and made a "privacy filter" :P in the split by putting a quadrac http://tinyurl.com/2vyfx5o in series with each phone. Then I putted on a relatively new 1967 model telephone on my desk.  :D :D :D
I could receive but...not call out  >:(  Digging out the Dialgizmo  some adapters and here we go  :D :D :D
Everything working. great, and my new colleagues are impressed. Thay may say: "I can remember we had one like that" etc.

dsk

bingster

Even in a modern setting, that phone still looks appropriate.  Very nice!
= DARRIN =

bellsystemproperty

I like the blue color it has. I have a WE 554 in a similar color, but there aren't that many rotary phones in blue. I don't think any purple ones were ever made, were they?
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

Automatic Electric had a color called "Orchid" in the 1920s, '30s and '40s.  I think this picture is a bit darker than the actual color, which was closer to lavender.
= DARRIN =

dsk

It is only made 16,000 telephones of this type, in this color.

I'm still wondering if I should put in an older one, what do you think?

dsk

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

dsk

>:( It seems like the ringeing frequency is 50Hz >:( My 1953 doesent ring.

I'm testing wit som more gadgets, Wireless Phone Jacks  http://tinyurl.com/2v4g56u and dialgizmo.   Just testing it! but I hope this will do.   :P

Maybe I have to get one of you to hunt down an old telephone with a 50Hz ringer?

Whats the best, the black or the turquoise one? 

dsk

bingster

= DARRIN =

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

dsk

Now it has gone even worse >:(
We have moved into a temporarily location for 1 year, (great locations :D  ) and what did pop up on my desk?
A Cisco IP Phone 7911  ::)
The telco delivers thees pre-programmed, and are not willing to let me fettle, so now I need help to hack out the info of this phone, and be able to set up a PAP2 to get a real phone working.

All hints, links and ideas are welcome.
I'm willing to be a criminal and hack this unit to get real telephone  8)  (Since NSA probably scans even this, I' open for suggestions even from them :D ) By the way, it seems like I've been a criminal for years, because it is not OK to take a telephone, or other useful things from a dumpster.  Luckily for me it is not punished to protect other peoples belongings from being damaged. ;) So maybe, I'm not that criminal.  :D

dsk

Owain

Quote from: dsk on August 17, 2013, 04:08:38 AM
Now it has gone even worse >:(
We have moved into a temporarily location for 1 year, (great locations :D  ) and what did pop up on my desk?
A Cisco IP Phone 7911  ::)
The telco delivers thees pre-programmed, and are not willing to let me fettle, so now I need help to hack out the info of this phone, and be able to set up a PAP2 to get a real phone working.

Bad news is that
(a) these phones are probably locked down in a corporate setting
(b) they probably use proprietary Cisco protocols and the PAP2 talks standard SIP
(c) the settings may not be stored in the phone's user menus but downloaded whenever the phone's plugged in using an autoprovisioning script.

Easiest may be to get the audio out of the Cisco handset port and feed it into the heritage phone transmitter and receiver bypassing the phone circuitry.

Cisco adapter circuit suggestion here
http://www.einhorn-net.de/headset/index_e.html

Use an electret or moving coil transmitter as a replacement for the carbon in the phone.

McHeath

That's too bad that they have locked out your rotary.  I keep a WE 500, 1954, on my desk at school.  Interestingly it works well on the internal system, which even reads the pulse commands and gives me the appropriate touch tone requests.