~Devan

Devansphones

~Devan

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GG

Lucy was probably the funniest woman of all time on American television, with a level of talent rarely seen since. 

But here's something else worth noting:  Her style of humor didn't involve meanness or cynicism.  Give that some serious thought, especially by comparison with most of what passes as funny today. 

Russ Kirk

CNN did a web page about Lucy. 

Actress Lucille Ball and her husband, actor Desi Arnaz, were two of the stars of the hit television series, "I Love Lucy." The black-and-white show premiered on October 15, 1951, and ran until 1957. It was the most watched show for four of its six seasons.

Nice photos at the link....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/15/showbiz/gallery/i-love-lucy-anniversary/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

jsowers

One of the Lucy episodes on this morning on The Hallmark Channel had plenty of phone action. Ricky was on pins and needles, hoping Hollywood would call and tell him he got the job. He even slept with the phone next to him in the bed.

He takes the phone with him everywhere, and when he gets to the end of the cord for the bedroom phone, Lucy has to bring him the other phone from the living room before he can eat breakfast in the kitchen. When he leaves for work, he still has the phone in his hand when he goes out the door and he drops it in the hall when the cord runs out! It didn't damage the phone because it's used a lot later in the episode when Ethel takes messages from all of Lucy's friends who got hung up on by Ricky.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I was a kid, it was watching episodes like that where I learned phones could have long cords and that people had more than one phone in their house. We had one black phone with a short cord. Until I found a long heavy duty black cord and installed it, that is. I had to carefully put the short one back when the phone company came to work on the phone line once! I never got caught, fortunately.
Jonathan

Devansphones

I found one of Fred... at first I could have sworn it was a 302 with an AE handset he was using... but after close examination (a.k.a zooming it in on the phone) I concluded that Mr. Fred Mertz is indeed using a 302 with F1 handset.
~Devan

JimH

Here's one of Ricky!
Jim H.

JimH

Here's an oldie with what looks like to be a B1 mounting.
Jim H.

Devansphones

~Devan

Devansphones

~Devan

jsowers

Here are some more, including Mr. Mooney (Gale Gordon) on the phone, Ethel (Vivian Vance) on the phone doing a Sheaffer pen commercial, Lucy in a beard on the phone and Lucy in a hospital bed on a 2500.
Jonathan

Dan

I wish I could trade something for Mr Gordon's oxford grey 500!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Devansphones

Hard to find 500 there... Mr. Mooney is too cheap to trade it...haha
~Devan