News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone sighting on classic tv show

Started by Bill Cahill, January 09, 2009, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Do those Ericophon? phones all have ringers, or do they need a subset?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

I got an Ericofon for Christmas, it has no ringer but does not need a subset to function.  The ringer they came with was an electric chirper. 

Dan

So are you saying they all have a chirper ringer or do some not have one? I think I can get one of these in good shape for around $30 but I want a phone that rings (chirps)

Thanks
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

TIPandRING

Quote from: Dan on January 11, 2009, 12:51:30 AM
So are you saying they all have a chirper ringer or do some not have one? I think I can get one of these in good shape for around $30 but I want a phone that rings (chirps)

Thanks

Not all Ericofone's have "ERICOTONE". This is the electronic warbling chirp sound. This was a circuit board added to the standard electronics. Most "New case style" Ericofones have the Ericotone, but NOT all do, so you must be careful on what you buy if you want one that rings.

Dan

Thanks , I'll make sure I get a 'chirper".

Sargeguy

Does anyone recall what type of phone the Addams Family used?  I know the exchange began with "cemetery"
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Bill Cahill

Looked to me like a Stromberg Carlson candlestick.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."