News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lets listen, do you identify this ringer sound? COMPETITION?

Started by dsk, June 12, 2012, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

:D Its an US telephone, and it sounds like on the encl. file:
Calculate you own points, and tell us the answer, and you points.
At the number of minutes from you started to listen to your age in years.
The lowest number wins the honour.

Let us count up the points Monday.

Might the best win!

dsk

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

I'm sorry d_s_k, I don't understand. I am 55 so what do I add to that?

Terry

dsk

The youngest have no little possibility to recognize it at the first ring, but you and even me has a possibility, because this American telephones has traveled all over the world, and they are mainly used by young men and women  until 10-20 years ago. Not many of us want it in the living room, even when it is based on the same circuitry as the 500.  This was some hints, and I'm still sure some of us know it. As far as I know this ringer are not in use anymore. It has only been used in 2 related telephone models.

So good luck.

dsk

PS you may beat D/P he used about 2 seconds ;)
DS

Dan/Panther

d_s_k;

That's not fair the older you are the less chance to win.
So I say "0".
Who can beat that ? ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ::) ::) :P
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

dsk

Changing the rules when playing are not right.

Next time we make better rules.

Anyway, with one answer, its not difficult to point out the winner, and of course this is just a matter of trusting each other.

dsk

AE_Collector

Not much response and I'm going out on a limb here to say that "Im sorry, I don't get it" and maybe I am not alone which is why there aren't many responses.

If we were trying to ID the telephone that has the odd sounding ringer in it then the answer would be something like "Ericofon" or "WECo Trimline" rather than D/P's answer of "64". If the contest is the number of seconds of listening to the ring until we know what phone it is from PLUS our age, my answer is probably into 6 or 7 digits by now casue I still can't ID the phone!! Maybe I should listen to it again.

Terry

dsk

Yes please.

I have to give you all a few hints. It is absolutely American design, The "ringer" has adjustable volume. The phone may be configured for use on both CB and LB systems. Most of those who has used it has used it in other environments than what they call home. It was probably introduced early in the 50ies, and later modernized and renamed. It is still sold.

dsk

dsk

Even when this competition not did turn out as expected, I have learned some, and here is the answer:

http://tinyurl.com/cm359m5

Thank you all  ;)

dsk

dsk

:) Great honour to all contributors!

The next time we try this, we need more strict rules, and the contributors should probably, PM the one starting the contest.  Its not easy to point out the real winner, because of the time difference, it will not be fair to pick the first right answer.

It will probably be more difficult if to pick out the sound of more regular telephones.
This sound was from the TA 43-PT (Equal ringer to TA 312-PT) and as far as I know, no other phones has this ringer.  (the TA 1-PT has a smaller ringer not to different, but smaller and weaker)

(And when you have been reading this, I hope you have got an idea, just about what I don't know.  :D )

dsk