News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Buyer Beware

Started by johnfin, March 02, 2009, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I have been told that if one is looking for something in particular to call Mary Knappen (I think it's owned by Ron and Mary Knappen) and she just may have the part or parts that one is looking for.  I was told a phone call is better than e-mail when contacting her.

rp2813

I went through Oldphoneworks to get a set of bakelite caps for a G1 handset about a year ago.  I called to ask if they had any since I didn't see them on line.  I don't remember who I talked to but he was polite and helpful and advised that he happened to be holding a pair of caps in his hand as we spoke, and before we hung up he had already loaded them into the system and I was able to pull them up on line and order them.  I ended up getting an extra item in the package that arrived within a week, a pay phone "daisy wheel" dial overlay which was not on the invoice.  Basically a decal, I figured it wasn't worth the trouble of returning it.  Uh, anybody need one?

I think that while they have a good web site, they may be very low tech in other areas that could lead to problems like John has had, but none of it is intentional.  I still think they are one of the best on line resources out there.

John, try to resolve your issue with them as I am sure they want you to be a 100% satisfied customer and will acknowledge any mistakes they may have made on your order. 

Ralph
Ralph