News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

has anyone heard of sugru

Started by bushman, July 17, 2012, 11:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I have been playing with some of the basket case  telephones lately. You know, the ones with a broken ear or an extra hole drilled in them, or missing a chunk. I thought well its already broke, I see if I can rebuild it. I have been playing with different epoxies and thickeners but need something to mold or dam the epoxy while curing. Silicone mold style epoxy is messy and hard to mold a part with. I found this stuff. It is called Sugru and looks like it might be real handy. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

http://sugru.com/

Bushman

twocvbloke

There's a lot of uses for the stuff on www.instructables.com, but I'm not sure how well it could serve as part of repairing plastic telephones, or if it's possible to polish it up to match it's surroundings... ???

HowardPgh

I think it could be used as a gasket material or maybe for the dried out grommets on the 302 ringers or any kind of grommet. Life would be easier if the ringer mounts in 300 type phones weren't riveted to the base.
Howard

bushman

I was actually thinking of using it to create molds of broken parts for recreating them. Such as a broken cradle ear or such things.

bushman