News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What would you like in your collection?

Started by bingster, September 18, 2008, 02:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I'm also new in phone collecting, but I would like to have a candlestick on my collection

Also, I want to have a 302, A1, 102 and a 202

HobieSport

I wasn't even a collector before.  Now I have two original WE302s in the livingroom.  The horror.

The smell of bakalite and plastic polish in the morning.

I'll have to beg Ben and Dennis to teach me about the dials on 302s.

I'll even give a 302 to Mienaichizu just as long as I am not required to spell or remember names.

-Matt

Bill Cahill

:o Speaking of that, I now see an unfortunate fairly high increase of purchasing phones on ebay.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Yeh, I even did a late night stop at a junk shop that was open to see if they had any phones.  Scored!  Had a 1/55 model 500 in yellow, price of $5.99 which they discounted to half for me.  So I was in and out in 10 minutes with a $3.49 rotary 500, with a mismatched cord I might add.  Got it home and opened it up and found that it had been subject to Ma Bell's usual, parts from all over the years, from original 1955 ringer and network to late model rubber feet, a 1982 handset, a 64' receiver and 80' transmitter and even was modularized at some point by some process that cut the holes in the housing and added the needed jacks.  On the bottom is a giant sticker saying they sold it to the customer in 1983 and not to remove this sticker as it proves you own it.  Also has a Sears repair shop sticker on the bottom, odd place to put one.

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on October 20, 2008, 06:00:49 PM
I wasn't even a collector before.  Now I have two original WE302s in the livingroom.  The horror.

The smell of bakalite and plastic polish in the morning.

I'll have to beg Ben and Dennis to teach me about the dials on 302s.

I'll even give a 302 to Mienaichizu just as long as I am not required to spell or remember names.

-Matt

wow thanks Matt for that, would you really give it? will you send it over to the Philippines? hehehehehe....

HobieSport

Well no, Mienaichizu, I couldn't give a 302 away, or pay for shipping to the Philippines, but let me know what kind of 302 you want, what condition, what price, and I'll keep you in mind as I look around.

Are you going to fix up that white 302?

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on October 26, 2008, 11:31:09 PM
Well no, Mienaichizu, I couldn't give a 302 away, or pay for shipping to the Philippines, but let me know what kind of 302 you want, what condition, what price, and I'll keep you in mind as I look around.

Are you going to fix up that white 302?

I'm just joking matt, shipping cost to the Philippines is really expensive

JimH

Quote from: McHeath on October 20, 2008, 10:11:07 PM
Yeh, I even did a late night stop at a junk shop that was open to see if they had any phones.  Scored!  Had a 1/55 model 500 in yellow, price of $5.99 which they discounted to half for me.  So I was in and out in 10 minutes with a $3.49 rotary 500, with a mismatched cord I might add.  Got it home and opened it up and found that it had been subject to Ma Bell's usual, parts from all over the years, from original 1955 ringer and network to late model rubber feet, a 1982 handset, a 64' receiver and 80' transmitter and even was modularized at some point by some process that cut the holes in the housing and added the needed jacks.  On the bottom is a giant sticker saying they sold it to the customer in 1983 and not to remove this sticker as it proves you own it.  Also has a Sears repair shop sticker on the bottom, odd place to put one.
Wow, McHeath....did it also have it's oil changed when it was at Sears? :D
Jim H.

andre_janew

I'd like a black 1500 to go with the black 1554 that I have.

JorgeAmely

A fixer-upper AE40 in red with chrome trims for $25.
Jorge

Doug Rose

A Strowger stick that did not contain bourbon.  8).....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Only two phones would make my collection everything I had hoped to own.

1- 49-500, but the 48-500 will do fine.

2- 50-500, matching numbers.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

david@london

A & B .......

Babybearjs

personally, I'm into key equipment.... still trying to get a red 564, or any good color other than black, beige, or white. still want a blue, yellow, red, and even clear 560 or 2560 series phone. in my current collection I have black, beige, green, brown, and a red 2564. crazy how illusive these colored  sets are. last year a stumbled upon a gray 564 that was listed as beige.... badly discolored, but now back to its original color after being outside in the sun over the summer. thank God it was only exposed to fluorescent lighting....(office setting). I'm even looking for color kits... if I can find the chassis, dial and handset to a 560 series phone... That would even work... if I can even find those!
John

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"