News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

EE-93 (No its not)

Started by sebbel, December 14, 2012, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

I think I got an Signal corps ee-93... I don't know why but I did. It was cheap and the seller had other cool stuff I wanted.

I don't think they've been discussed on the forum before and the best I can find online is merely stating it a metal box. Anyone knows a good source of info for Signal Corps stuff? Who makes them? And is there a civilian equivalent?

Seb.

G-Man

Perhaps I missed a detail but I do not see an EE-93 designation on your ringer box.
How did were you able to conclude that it's an EE-93? The EE-93 that I am familiar with is a different beast.

"The EE-91 is a wall mounted metal telephone. When the EE-91 is mounted in a wooden box for outdoor use it's called the EE-92.
When the EE-91 is mounted in a metal box for outdoor use it's called the EE-93."

sebbel

To be honest. It must have been a combination of too much coffee and lack of sleep. Because that isn't anywhere near what this this. I saw it on website listed as such and all other site had no pictures.

I any case this seems to be a AE subset like the one here http://www.ebay.com/itm/120998299711 albeit much cheaper, rougher and with a Signal Corps badge on it.

Seb.

wds

it's a stromberg carlson.  most of those had frequency ringers.  Post a picture of the inside.
Dave

HowardPgh

I think EE93 has a three prong jack on the front and it is much larger than the ringerbox in your picture. It also has a generator in it.-Howard
Howard