News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1927 Stromberg - Carlson Catalog

Started by davidbholcomb, December 01, 2012, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbholcomb

I have just purchased the 260 page 1927 Stromberg - Carlson Catalog. I do not know of it anywhere on the internet, so if anyone would like me to look something up, and provide a scan, let me know and I will do my best.
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

G-Man

Quote from: davidbholcomb on December 01, 2012, 05:52:52 PM
I have just purchased the 260 page 1927 Stromberg - Carlson Catalog. I do not know of it anywhere on the internet, so if anyone would like me to look something up, and provide a scan, let me know and I will do my best.

I believe it is already in the TCI Library but I may be wrong. There is at least some S.C. catalog scans in there though.

G-Man

Quote from: G-Man on December 02, 2012, 02:17:56 AM
Quote from: davidbholcomb on December 01, 2012, 05:52:52 PM

I believe it is already in the TCI Library but I may be wrong. There is at least some S.C. catalog scans in there though.

Nope, I was wrong, the 1927 edition is not in there. Here are some links to what is in there:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=125&Itemid=2

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?searchword=stromberg+carlson&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=0&Itemid=62&option=com_search

Telephone Mike

Hi David,

See my post above concerning an 1198.  Is there anything in the catalog that refers to an 1198 as a Type BC-1 Telephone?

Mike

HowardPgh

Telephone Mike
The 1198 is a mid to late 30s phone, same timeframe as the 1212 Fatboy. It is referred to in the TCI library scan of the Stromberg Calson catalog.
Howard
Howard

davidbholcomb

Quote from: Telephone Mike on December 12, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
Hi David,

See my post above concerning an 1198.  Is there anything in the catalog that refers to an 1198 as a Type BC-1 Telephone?

Mike

I will check when I get home from work on Friday in case there is anything. (at the firehouse till then)
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

davidbholcomb

Quote from: Telephone Mike on December 12, 2012, 01:37:04 PM
Hi David,

Mike

Hi Mike, I looked and found no reference to 1198 or a Type BC-1 Telephone. List numbers jump from 1163 to 1213. The telephones that are in the book are:
Magneto Telephones
   1 No. 896 Wall Type
2 No. 1000 Desk Telephone, consisting of a No. 992 Desk Stand and the No. 327 Desk Set  Box.
3 No. 1138 Combination Telephone, consisting of a No. 10-L Combination Telephone (which includes the No. 36 Hookswitch Box) and the No. 327 Desk Set Box
Magneto Telephones – Ironclad
   1 No. 890 Mine-A-Phone
Central Energy Telephones
   1 No. 986 Desk Stand and No. 1156 Desk Set Box
   2 No. 1155 Wall Telephone
   3 No. 950-BY Ironclad Telephone
   4 Combination Telephones
      A No. 10-C Combination Telephone used with the No. 1158 Type Desk Set Box
      B No. 11 Type Combination Telephone, primarily a testing set
   5 Automatic Telephones
A No. 1161 Automatic Dial Type Desk Telephone with No. 1156 Type Desk Set  Box
B No. 1157 Automatic Dial Type Wall Telephone

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/