News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Assortment of new handsets

Started by MagicMo, February 10, 2013, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

I went through another box of goodies. These are all NIB. Are they of any value?
The trimlines all have their counterparts.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

George Knighton

There are definitely people who'll be looking for things like that.  :-)

I lost an auction for a push-to-talk F1 recently because somebody wanted it for $50.

I have a G1 Bakelite push-to-talk that I paid $20 for.

Confidencers....  I've seen those go for between $15 and $75, within days.

And the guys here who collect Trimlines are about to pounce on you!
Annoying new poster.

Dennis Markham

Quote from: MagicMo on February 10, 2013, 08:21:24 PM
Are they of any value?
Mo

It all has value.  List them and they will sell.

Mr. Bones

Mo,

I certainly have use for the last handset pictured...Volume Control Handset, White. Got any additional colors? Can't tell if it is hardwired, or modular, but I have White phones that are both.

I was an M-60 machine-gunner for 8 years, have 75% hearing loss @ 8 kHz, even utilizing hearing protection + (in peacetime operations) Combat operations, not so much. :o

Best regards,

Terrence

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

Mr.Bones

Earlier handsets only contained the volume control and the receiver and transmitter elements.  The electronics were mounted in the phone.  You should see which style Mo's are.
-Bill G

AE40FAN

Mo, people will buy anything lol...

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 10, 2013, 09:49:58 PM
Mr.Bones

Earlier handsets only contained the volume control and the receiver and transmitter elements.  The electronics were mounted in the phone.  You should see which style Mo's are.

Bill,

I thank you greatly for the clarification,and enlightenment, Sir!

You might have very well saved me many hard-earned dollars on wishful thinking, as I surf epay, etc.

I have a 2500-ish Cortelco with assist that works a right treat, but it makes sense that the older, pre-pcb phones had the goodies I require or desire mounted inside the phone case, vs. the handset, due to space constraints.

Sigh. Back to the drawing board. :-\

My very best regards to all of you, and yours!

Terrence

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

Just for the record, I don't know whether Mo's handsets are self-contained or not.  i am not an expert on them at all..
-Bill G

rdelius

They look like the self contained type to me. Just remove the cap on the rec end and you should see the electronics under the capsule in the handle.