News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Forum member Jon Kolger from Texas

Started by Jon Kolger, June 30, 2013, 11:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Kolger

My name is Jon Kolger, and I am new to the Forum, although I've been collecting telephones since the 70s.  Some of you may know me through ATCA and TCI.  I worked my entire career at GTE (General Telephone) and have been retired now for almost 10 years.  I have visited the forum on many occasions but have only recently become a member.  It will take me a while to get the hang of the forum format, but I am looking forward to the experience.

Phonesrfun

Jon:

Welcome to the forum.  I've seen your name around a lot, and for quite a while.

The look and feel of this forum is not hard to get used to.  It is very much like other special interest forums out there on the Internet.  I have Googled for help on fixing cars, for instance and find forums that use this same software.  For the most part, I find the system to be better than the listserve concept, particularly since good photos can be easily imbedded within a post, and that to me is a plus.

You will find many familiar names here, but you will also find many who are kind of investigating the hobby and who are not yet club members or many who stop by just to find out how to get their phone to ring, and then we don't hear from them for a year or so, when they buy their next phone.  By then, we warn them of the dangers of phone collecting!

The experience here is very friendly.

Hope you like it!
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Welcome to the forum!

Its cool having a long time collector and a previous telephone man. And we hope to hear more about your collection etc.

Ben

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Jon!

We are glad to have you here, and look forward to sharing in your amassed knowledge, experience, and, of course, pics of your collection. ;)

Make yourself to home!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dennis Markham

Welcome to the Forum, Jon.  Glad to have you here!

stub

Jon ,
        Welcome to the forum! Great place to be! Hope you can share your telephone stories with us and post pictures of your collection.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

Welcome Jon!  Since the 70s, wow.  Even 70s-era phones are collectibles now (some of them, to some people at least).  Post a few of your favorites!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Welcome Jon :D
I am always glad when one of the experienced club members comes to our little forum, you have plenty to bring here in the form of your knowledge and experience.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Jon...welcome to the Forum. Anyone who has been collecting phones for a while knows the King of Color phones. Jon has a magnificent display of color phones, I am hoping he will share some of his collection with us. Thanks for joining us, it is a privilege....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub on June 30, 2013, 01:16:11 PM
and post pictures of your collection.   stub

Ohhhh...Yeah!!!

Wait till you guys see some of Jon's Colored AE's! I didn't even think that AE made Colored 47 key sets until I saw what Jon has! Makes me *blue* with envy!

Welcome Jon!

Terry

JorgeAmely

Jon:

Welcome to the Asylum. Once you enter here, there is no way out. You have been warned.

On a lighter note, please show some pictures of your collection. I am sure you will find a lot of interested parties around here.

Jorge
Jorge

dsk