Started by MagicMo, July 01, 2013, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Got me to thinking..... ???

I tried mineral oil, instead of KY Jelly, It didn't work. :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on July 02, 2013, 09:47:50 PMI asked her, as I was typing, how many pints in a gallon. Seemed high but she was watching me type so,  . . .  ;)

A smart answer from her would have been "Imperial or US pints?".... :D

TelePlay

Quote from: MagicMo on July 02, 2013, 10:26:02 PMI just gotta explain everything to the Hubby first, you know the drill. He says,"Um, Honey, why is the back seat of the car filled with dozens of bottles of mineral oil?'' I say, "Well I wasn't sure how many added up to a gallon'"

;D  ;D ROTFL  ;D  ;D Very good, Mo! And, yes, my wife is still mad at me . . .

By the way, the oil is reuseable. It could even be filtered (using a clean cotton rag doubled over inside a screen strainer) after some period of time, or use, should it become cloudy with dirt or residue from the soaked parts, even water would be taken out by the cotton. I don't see it growing anything over time. And even cloudy oil would still work as well as clean oil. An extra big gallon should so a long way.  ;)

DavePEI

Quote from: Dan/Panther on July 03, 2013, 12:17:35 AM
I tried mineral oil, instead of KY Jelly, It didn't work. :o
D/P
Are we talking lubrication or shrinkage???  :o OMG!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Picked up a small gallon at Fleet Farm today for $16.89 including tax. In case anyone is interested, the recommended laxative dose for a cow, pig or horse is one pint. Local Target stores were sold out!  :o

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on July 03, 2013, 05:22:24 PMIn case anyone is interested, the recommended laxative dose for a cow, pig or horse is one pint.

Not sure many were wondering, but now we know... :D

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: TelePlay on July 03, 2013, 05:22:24 PM
Target stores were sold out!  :o

That shows just how popular this forum is :)

Larry

MagicMo

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on July 03, 2013, 05:42:07 PM
Quote from: TelePlay on July 03, 2013, 05:22:24 PM
Target stores were sold out!  :o

That shows just how popular this forum is :)

Larry

Or there is a lot of constipated cows out there!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 02, 2013, 04:07:20 PM
Can you post a photo of the type of mineral oil used?

Here you go Jorge.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 03, 2013, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 02, 2013, 04:07:20 PM
Can you post a photo of the type of mineral oil used?

Here you go Jorge.

Terry
I was going to do the same thing  :D Great minds think alike!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Just having fun at the expense of others.....again!

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I just removed my ivory plastic F1 transmitter cap after soaking in mineral oil for more than two weeks, and it does not seem to be any larger.  F1 transmitters will still not fit into it at all.  Perhaps I used the wrong type of mineral oil.

Larry

Greg G.

Revisiting this thread since I now have the same phone, an ivory 302 that I bought some time back.  No really big shrinkage issues, but was thinking I should take some preventative steps, particularly on the corners of the shell since they are a bit snug.  Has anybody tried any more of Mo's Miracle Mineral Oil Phone Shrinkage Cure?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

unbeldi

Quote from: Brinybay on November 21, 2014, 02:53:26 PM
Revisiting this thread since I now have the same phone, an ivory 302 that I bought some time back.  No really big shrinkage issues, but was thinking I should take some preventative steps, particularly on the corners of the shell since they are a bit snug.  Has anybody tried any more of Mo's Miracle Mineral Oil Phone Shrinkage Cure?

Eastman's published chemical resistance data for Tenite Acetate show that after 4 months of exposure to mineral oil the observed condition was "unchanged."  The difference in weight was negative, -2.2%, and change in thickness -1.0%. Tests were conducted at 23˚C by immersing an injection molded specimen into the liquid.