News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Try Your Call Later"

Started by Lewes2, October 19, 2014, 02:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewes2

Our 302 is working flawlessly with one exception.  When I try to dial out, I receive a message saying "All circuits busy, please try your call later."   I never hear anything ringing.   All the other phones, including a 202 using a 4H dial and- a 302 subset, dial out without and issues or problems.  After the second or third time, as soon as the dial returns home after the last dialed number, I receive the error message. 

Is this a dial issue or a wiring issue - it's spins freely and returns after each number dialed at a quick rate.   Data points: on a Vonage router feeding the household network.  Dial is an 5H.  We have six phones on the network.

Thanks

Chuck

Added Info - When I tried dialing out on a 500, I got the same message - and then the same on all the phones.  I disconnected one of the 2500s I was playing with this morning and the problem disappeared.  So now I need to test if in fact it's the 2500 or just too many phones on the Vonage network?-

Kenton K

I believe your dial is mis-dialing. Its probably not sending the right number of pulses. Try looking at your dial contacts for any problems. If you can't find anything, then its Steve Hiltz time!

KK

Lewes2

I was thinking mis-dial too but this is a dial that Steve has already done his magic on. 

See my edit - I think it's a network problem.  All the phones stared to exhibit the same behavior.  I removed the one I was having a problem with and my dial issues went away. 

Chuck

Kenton K

Yes, oK. then its probably the 2500.

KK