News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

MOROON North Electric on eBay

Started by kleenax, March 29, 2018, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Okay, who's gonna fess up and tell us that they got this BIN on eBay??

And check out the price, AND look where the phone came from!  Galion, OH it's place of birth!

www.ebay.com/itm/MOROON-NORTH-ELECTRIC-ART-DECO-BAKELITE-TELEPHONE-/222805785009
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Gary Z

I got it, but it wasn't for $99. I noticed an odd auction type that lets you just make an offer on an item. I offered $300 and he turned it down. So, I asked him how far apart were we, and he wanted $400 and so I bought it. But it wasn't listed as a"or best offer" listing. Has anyone noticed that kind of listing? It is also odd that it would show up as $99 on the completed listing.

I brought it to the Brea TCI show for display. There should be some pictures on one of the list serves.

Gary Z.

FABphones

Quote from: Roody on March 29, 2018, 11:38:05 PM
I got it, but it wasn't for $99. I noticed an odd auction type that lets you just make an offer on an item. I offered $300 and he turned it down. So, I asked him how far apart were we, and he wanted $400 and so I bought it. But it wasn't listed as a"or best offer" listing. Has anyone noticed that kind of listing? It is also odd that it would show up as $99 on the completed listing.

I brought it to the Brea TCI show for display. There should be some pictures on one of the list serves.

Gary Z.

I think this is where if you have shown an interest and contacted the seller they can send you an offer. If you accept and pay you have to do it via their offer, if you try and pay via the listing (e.g. if a buy it now), it will come up with whatever the b.i.n. price is. Re selling price shown at end of auction, a bug in eBay prob as it's done that with my accepted seller offer purchases too.

Nice phone.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RotarDad

I too have seen a handful of new listings with that "make offer" option.  I believe this is a new feature designed to help prevent so many auctions from being ended early due to an off-EBay side deal.  I would guess EBay loses quite a bit of revenue from those, and we know sellers often get low-balled.  With a more public way to make offers, the seller has more of a market to work in (multiple offers, potentially), and the offer-makers know they can't secretly go around the system.  A big improvement (imho) in fairness for those who are open to offers on an auction-format item.
Paul

Pourme

I don't think I have noticed the kind of options you are speaking of.  When I see them they are a minimum bid say $50.00 or BIN $65.00. If you make the min bid the BIN goes away in favor of the straight auction. Or A price of say $100.00 or best offer. Usually I make a offer, careful not to insult, they will counter offer. I haven't seen what you are describing.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

Here is how it is done.

The seller can send an offer to sell for any amount to the buyer after the buyer has contacted the seller.

A copy of "send an offer" instructions from the eBay help page are attached.

Pourme

That pretty much explains it the way I've always seen it.
Benny

poplar1

EBay also sent messages to some sellers inviting them to add the "make offer" option to new *auction* listings. I received such an offer, then did not see how to add it to a new listing. Sonny didn't get an invitation.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Doug Rose

Not Regular Member Post

Since the operation and the oxi.....need more fiber
Kidphone

Pourme

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 31, 2018, 09:13:25 AM

Not Regular Member Post

Since the operation and the oxi.....need more fiber

I use BeneFiber...Or as I call it BennyFiber....

Benny
Benny