News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Converted Touch Tone Automatic Electric Payphone

Started by Doug Rose, March 30, 2019, 11:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Look to be converted from Rotary. Chrome has a few mark from tears of use. Dials out, does not ring on incoming. Any info would be great....thanks,....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Yea, that was an add-on to the set when tone uppers were not available. I talked with Paul vaverchack about those years ago, I choose to not get one for my set I kept it rotary.

Do you have the key?, it may have been disabled so people couldn't answer incoming calls. There should be a plate on the top of the upper housing with LPA.... OR LPB.... the numbers indicate the model of the set. Then it's a matter of finding a schematic for it.
I used to have a manual with all those in it, but I hadn't had it for a while. But TCI. Should have that. Even if you can't find the model number, you should come close to figure the bell wiring.
KEN

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Key2871

Yes it is, I had a chrome AE that came with beige dial, and handset. I called Paul and he said you know what would really look great... Red... Red dial and handset. That with the chrome looked great.
I've seen chrome single slots, they just don't look as nice as the three slot does in chrome.
Did you find the model number?
I might still have the schematic for my LP 85 that might help with the ringer..
KEN

MADhouseTelephone

Looks nice. AE 3 slots did not usually have an internal ringer. They used an extension ringer that mounted on the backboard below the set. Would have to see the inside to see what has been done to it. When I sold phones like this back in the '80s, I tied the coin relay about halfway done so coins would pass through into the coinbox, but left all the internals intact.
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

Doug Rose

Kidphone