News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1955 WE Ivory 354

Started by RDPipes, July 22, 2022, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Well, this will be the last phone I purchase for a while.
As most of you probably already know there were two of these up on the Bay and I chose
the worst looking of the two, naturally, why because I was hoping and did get it cheaper.
It came with what the seller stated as a unused NOS cloth handset cord but, I beg to differ. It
plainly showed signs of be installed and used, most likely on another phone. Anywho I had
to repair the broken red wire on the case end of it and installed it because the original was shot
and of the same type. The line cord is obviously not original and I dug it out of my stash. I also
put vent cloth in as it had none nor looked like it ever had. Case has no cracks at all and little sign
of shrinkage. The handset does have the usual hairlines in the caps but, not too bad.
So here it is after hours of cleaning, sanding and polishing.

MMikeJBenN27

Looks great, better than mine.

Mike

kleenax

Eh, throw it away! No Chrome switch-hook! ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

RDPipes

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on July 22, 2022, 05:21:10 PMLooks great, better than mine.

Mike
Thank you sir!

Quote from: kleenax on July 22, 2022, 05:45:53 PMEh, throw it away! No Chrome switch-hook! ;-)
Ray, I told you I was broke, not stupid!  ;D

kleenax

I found -4- chrome switch-hooks!

DCP_9633.JPGOldRose.jpg354-Blue2.JPGClear354-4.jpg     
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

RDPipes

Quote from: kleenax on July 22, 2022, 07:30:44 PMI found -4- chrome switch-hooks!

You certainly did Ray, very nice indeed sir.