News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Christmas Eve Telephone-related Gift!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, December 24, 2015, 11:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

In order to release some excitement steam prior to Christmas morning, we decided to open one gift per family member on Christmas Eve (tonight). The gift I was given was this beautiful Bell System "Telephone Story" advertisement from 1976; the Bicentennial Edition. When I opened it at first, I thought it was the repro version, but when I looked closer and saw very small creases in the face, I knew it was the real deal.

The story was that my sister was trying to research a great Christmas present to give me, when she came across a "Telephone Story" ad on a collector's website. When they described how rare the advertisement was, my sister was really disappointed, and couldn't think of anything else that I would like. She prayed that I could get that for Christmas. Just for the heck of it, my dad checked ebay under 'telephone advertisements', and the 5th result on the page was that exact ad!! My sister believes it was an act of God. I don't disagree. :)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dan/Panther

Christian, there are no coincidences in life.
I purchased one of those ads a few years back, It came rolled in a tube. I never thought it may be a reproduction, I'll have to go to the vault and dig it out.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

There is an earlier poster as well. I think the timeline on the earlier poster went up to the 10 button sets which would be the mid-60's.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

poplar1

1965 version ends with earlier version Picture phone. Last 4 models shown here required removing the following:

1910 desk stand [1020-AL]
1930 [elliptical base 102]
          [750A panel phone]
          [Home Interphone]
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

paul-f

David Massey cataloged the versions of the poster years ago.  It currently resides here:

http://www.beatriceco.com/bti/porticus/bell/the_bell_system_telephone_story.html
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line