News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally a Blue and Yellow Buttset

Started by Doug Rose, January 21, 2016, 03:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

When I first started as a Technician, I was issued a B Box with a Yellow and Blue TT Buttset. I always wanted a rotary Yellow Blue but could never find one that wasn't destroyed. I was always taught to respect my tools. Still have my Original B Box.

I never go on Etsy but I was bored and sure enough there was my Yellow Blue WE Buttset for a whopping $6. I just got it. My first Etsy purchase was a success!! This was hardly ever used......Doug

Kidphone

AE_Collector

My suspicion with the myriad of different colors, both single color or two-tone color for items like Butt Sets as well as Toners and Wands (Tone generators and Receivers) is that the actual color doesn't indicate anything about the equipment at all. What it DOES indicate for the most part is that manufacturers are clever at marketing. When an installer shows up with a new visually appealing looking color of test equipment it signals all the other installers to make up reasons that they too need new equipment and to start working on a reason why they need to order replacements.

That logic generally works on most people whether consciously or subconsciously. I on the other hand like to get everything I can out of most things in life no matter whether I have to pay for it or if it is supplied by others such as the company I work for thus I still have tool boxes with the original medium yellow colored tone generators and generally featureless Wands and boring looking Butt Sets! I still have a 6 year old BlackBerry cell phone even though I could have had it upgraded to the latest smart phone twice now. I know how this one works (sort of!) and can (and have) obtain a replacement battery for $4 including shipping rather than needing a $600 replacement "IPhone 6 whatever". It is a materialistic (natural resource wasting) World!

I will now (once again) fall off my soap box....I think I hear my phone ringing.......or did I leave my toner on....

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry...this is just for my collection of old tech tools. I am in house and with everything IP and digital, the buttset for a tech is now a thing of the past...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

In my opinion, these test sets were not issued in two-tone colors, but rather, parts have been swapped by techs.

1013A  was blue with H2B cord (test clips)
1013B  was orange with H2B cord (test clips) -- improved switch, dial shield added
1014A  was yellow with jack for interchangeable cords, used by PBX and CO techs

See section 106-020-113-i5-1013B-Handset-Desc-Use-Maint in TCI library
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

David....when I first started as a tech, when Kennedy was President  ::) I was issued a Harris blue and yellow buttset. Brand new in box. Like Terry, I used it until it did not work any longer...Doug
Kidphone