News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A dandy from Dennis!

Started by AET, December 24, 2009, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I got a lovely numbers-matching September, 1960 Red WE 500 from our good friend Dennis Markham this week.  He gave the phone a good clean-up top to bottom.  It looks like brand-spanking new.  Also has a 4-prong adaptor and works like a charm.  Also, it's a soft center dial and has a great Alpha-numeric dial card.  Not to mention the matching cords! 

Also included in this sweet deal, was a period box, which is in fantastic shape.  Altogether, it was a fantastic package to receive!!!  As Dennis said, a green phone from Finlover, and a Red one from Dennis, how fitting at Christmas time!!

Thanks again Dennis.  Here's some pics for everyone.

And here it is in its new home. Right next to what I call the "Finlover Phone"
- Tom

AET

- Tom

McHeath

Gee what a great looking phone!  And a box to boot, can't beat that.  Now you have a couple of phones from the Jedi Phone Masters, coolness factor is high. :)

AET

Hahaha, I know, I guess that the Good lord is happy with me somewhere down the line to bless me with good friends like this who are willing to help a newbie like me out so.  It's like getting something from Telephone Royalty!
- Tom

gpo706

Same every Christmas aint it?

You get a lovely present then they end up playing with the box!

LOL
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

John S

That is a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas all!!!!

ntophones

--nto

HobieSport

Quote from: gpo706
You get a lovely present then they end up playing with the box!

I Love the telephone of course but the graphics on the box are also especially beautiful.

-Matt

AET

Thank you everybody, I'm thrilled with the whole kit n kaboodle! 
- Tom

HobieSport

Please excuse my language; but it's super neat. The graphics on the box are especially decent.
-Matt

Dennis Markham

I'm glad that you liked the gift Tom.  I've been kicking that box around for a while and thought there should be a new "keeper" of the flame.  Of course it is not THE box from THAT phone but it is from that era.  It looks like 500DR MAY mean 500 (dial) and (refurbished).  I know the DM means dial and modular but not sure about the DR.  Somewhere along the line I bought a phone off eBay and the box was a bonus.  I'd guesstimate that it's from late 50's or early 60's as they did change sometime during the mid 1960's.

Looks like you had the Force with you this year.  Who will it be NEXT year???!

AET

I am enjoying being "Keeper of the Flame" I also see the box says "Pink" on it.  So, I am now searching from a period 500 in pink to be its new partner.  I have had a wonderful Christmas with these wonderful phones, etc.  It's been a tough year overall, but it's very wonderful and reassuring to know that I've got a good bunch of friends on this forum.  I feel that each and every one here is like a personal friend.  And you couldn't ask for any better ones if you ask me.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
To many of us, you are the future of the hobby, and we can plainly see it'sm in good hands.
Merry Christmas, and may the lord continue to bless us all.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Thank you D/P, I am very flattered.  And I hope you are having as great of a Christmas as I have, or better!
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: AtomicEraTom
I've got a good bunch of friends on this forum.  I feel that each and every one here is like a personal friend.  And you couldn't ask for any better ones if you ask me.

Just so you know, Tom, we traditionally eat each other's brains on the the forum on the day after Xmas.  It's very messy. We could of course modify and modernize that tradition.

-Matt
-Matt