News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson DBK 1101, small bedroom phone from the 30ies

Started by Matilo Telephones, March 28, 2014, 07:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

This is a somewhat unusual version of the Ericsson 1931/DBH1101. It is the DBK1101. It is a lot smaller that the regular type 1931.

It read once that it was intended as a bedroom telephone. It has a buzzer, but sometimes it has no ringer at all.

I have 2 of them. They both have buzzers. I tried the one with the handset and it sounds like a cricket that is about to die. I found an ad in spanish of this phone for sale. It discribed the sound of the buzzer in mostly the same terms. (I had a friend translate the that ad). This phone was named knarretje in Holland, because of its sound, so I am told. Whether this name was widely used, remains unclear. This phone was not widespread after all. It is somewhat rare.

Found some data about it on the Ericsson website. See pic

And found an old ebay ad on ebay.co.uk, ad no 281125882323

The one with the receiver that I have is in good condition, although it is missing its original handset. But I have a replacement, as you can see in the pics. The other one has a badly damaged casing and has no handset at all.

Nice project to make one complete one and restore it. Does anyone have some additional info on it? Perhaps someone here has one too?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

dsk

If you not already have done so, could you please post picture and diagrams in the wiring diagram section?  https://goo.gl/3QWWvS

Thank you!

dsk

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 24, 2018, 08:12:26 PM
There is one of these on ebay in the USA now: ebay link.

Larry

Someone bought the phone.  Perhaps it was a forum member.

Larry

SUnset2

Yes, I'm guilty.  I bought it based on the tip.  I couldn't resist.  It was so cute.  And cheap too.

dsk