Dan/Panther

Western Electric
                     Company
     Pat in U.S.A Nov 17-91  Nov 1-92
       May 3-05  Patent Applied For

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Thanks Dan...Above it was a date and transmitter type that I could not make out either. It is different..Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

I can't make that out either. In one photo I see 011 ?, in the other I see 027.

D/P

Dan/Panther

Do you have a more complete copy of the third photo  ?
D/P

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Vern P

I have seen this face plate on intercom phones. There was a WE 281E (?) just sold on eBay, $239, with one.  Sorry no link to eBay.
Vern

Jim Stettler

I have been playing with phones for a long time. this placard is weird as in unusual. I have known Vern too long. I have a habit habit of listening to his opinion and accepting it.
That is my opinion.
Vern knows his stuff. If he is perceived wrong, then double check your source, before dissing Vern's opinion. I do allow for Vern being wrong. I have never seen any evidence yet. However , it could happen.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jack Ryan

I have seen it before too. It was discussed on the TCI list server a fair while back.

Face marked: "WESTERN ELECTRIC COMPANY 271W PAT. IN USA JULY 31, 06, PAT. APPL'D FOR"

Apparently there is also a 277W

None of the images are clear - probably because people insist on using the "picture place".

Jack

Vern P

Thanks for the kind word Jim S.  Yes I don't know it all, or claim to. But after 40 years, I have learned a lot.
I have a few intercom phones, with this trans.  I will try and get some photo of them posted.
Vern

PS: if you ever find your self in SLC, UT, please stop by for a visit with the telephones.

Vern P

I finely remember to look for this intercom phone.
#1 Is the wood one.
#2 At one time I had the intercom model of the metal phone, sorry I don't remember the model number.    Both are flush mounted.

On a side note, #1 is for sale. $70+ ship.

Doug Rose

thanks Vern.....the wood intercom is really nice with the WE info stamped into it....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

There are a few different types of flush-mounted intercom transmitter that use this style tag, though they are usually numbered 277w. There is more on the WE transmitter types post in the Candlestick section
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409