WE Party Line Dial Plate

Started by Doug Rose, March 03, 2020, 10:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

These desirable plates had

2HE
2AE
5E 4E same plate

But when WE went to the 6E the party lines did not follow and they became an operators dial with the curved Finger wheel. Didn't they still have party line in the 50s?...Doug
Kidphone

RB

I believe our first phone was a party line phone.
And I was born in 60...
But, I cud be wrong...I was pretty young then... ;)

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 03, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
These desirable plates had

2HE
2AE
5E 4E same plate

But when WE went to the 6E the party lines did not follow and they became an operators dial with the curved Finger wheel. Didn't they still have party line in the 50s?...Doug

An E type dial was always a CO dial. It was the number plate that was for party lines.

2AE
2HE
4HE
5HE

Are all dials with party line plates. 2E, 4E and 5E dials are CO dials. There is, to my knowledge, no 2, 4 or 5EE (CO party line) dial.

Number 6 dials are numbered a bit differently

6A
6C
6D
6E (CO dial)
6F (CO/test)
6G
5H
6J

Are all variations of No 6 dials but the third letter (the number plate type) is not given.

A 164 type plate fits a No 6 dial but I have not seen a 164E (party line) plate. I don't know if it exists but the need would be very low. The E plate was only needed when cities were converted to dial and then only while the conversion took place. There were plenty of party lines around when the No 6 dial was released but very few cities that were in the process of converting to dial.

Jack