News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KELLOGG ITT 530 Select O Phone

Started by Doug Rose, March 24, 2020, 09:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

My guess is it  switches between voice and output (automation) circuits.
This phone system provides output circuits (control circuits). Relay outputs to trigger lamps ,bell, or other control relays.
You could configure  this phone system to shut down your production line. Cool things like that.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Really good info Jim...you are right, the Select O Phone did do some cool things. Well ahead of its time, indeed! ...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

I believe that one of the functions of the button was to ring the phone at the other end.  Somewhere in the archive is a Select-O-Phone manual.

The phone looks really nice. 

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 25, 2020, 06:00:33 PM
I believe that one of the functions of the button was to ring the phone at the other end.  Someone in the archive is a Select-O-Phone manual.

The phone looks really nice. 

Larry
thanks Larry...I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

SUnset2

I've got the wall version of the Kellogg Select-O-Phone.  It has the same DC ringer, but is missing the switch.  I assume it has the non-standard dial, I haven't tried to figure it out.

SUnset2

There is a late model Selectophone on Ebay, new old stock in black. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175043678644
Dated 6-76, with the DC ringer.
I didn't think they made them this late.

MMikeJBenN27

Wow!  Is that wall version Dark (Oxford) Grey?  Hecka rare!

Mike

SUnset2

Mike, if you are referring to the previous post, that's my dark gray Selectophone. It's missing the switch; I put a chrome cap in the hole for now. It looks good, but isn't very useful. It's still my only dark gray phone.