News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cracraft Leich Stick?

Started by Doug Rose, October 15, 2021, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have been trying to clear this up, no marking but the way the transmitter mounts looks like a Cracraft Leich.

This has a rubber gasket that I have never seen before. It was not easy to stretch it into place. I have tried it both ways and it will not stay on. I thing the first pic is correct and it is just too far gone.

Any opinions? Advice.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Went the other way bringing it over the top and not the bottom. Looks great, but I don't think its correct....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

It is presentable for a display stick.

I fiddled more with the gasket than anything else.

I have never seen a stick with a rubber gasket on it ...Doug

Kidphone

rdelius

Looks like a Leich with an AE tx, Kellogg cup and receiver. The baseplate might be an Autelco replacement and possibly the ring also.

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on October 15, 2021, 05:41:46 PM
Looks like a Leich with an AE tx, Kellogg cup and receiver. The baseplate might be an Autelco replacement and possibly the ring also.
thanks Robbie....it's a mutt....Doug
Kidphone

RB

I am inclined, ...or, laid back???
To agree with you, Doug.
The gasket seems to fit better on the top, but does not do much that way???
Seems like it would work it's way up after being plopped down a few times?
And then do nothing for the bottom.
The fur has too much missing to tell much about it.
Perhaps a thicker pad would compensate for the gasket being installed from the top?
But then, how does it stay on?
Guessing it has suffered some shrinkage? and that is why it will not stay on the bottom?
Lot's of questions on that one. lol ;)

rdelius

That baseplate is off an AE monophone with new holes drilled and the hump pounded out

Doug Rose

Thanks Robbie/Rod for the help, it appears to be a put together from parts stick...BUT someone did a lot of work on this.

Still, I am very happy with the way it looks with the steel and brass combo. The paint was horrible and just melted right off. Spray paint was my guess, came off way to easy.

Gasket was just sitting on the base, not connected. Definitely has shrunk, I thought for sure it would snap with my stretching it.

Very Heavy! It does have style, even if the style was put together.

I will display it with the gasket this way as it has become an eye catcher with me this way.

It is different...Doug
Kidphone

wds

There would normally be a leather ring around the base plate.  Rubber ring is a good substitute. 
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on October 16, 2021, 06:11:03 PM
There would normally be a leather ring around the base plate.  Rubber ring is a good substitute. 
thanks Dave...I do appreciate the pic....Doug
Kidphone