News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Early Mexican Indetel Sonofon 1969

Started by LM Ericsson, December 14, 2021, 11:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

I received this yesterday: a 1969 Indetel Sonofon from Mexico in Beige. This one is pretty different compared to the later models we see such as the ones that are sold through GTE or Own a Phone. The differences are the textured finish around the dial, a dial similar to the #9 dial, thicker switch hook plungers that match the color of the rest of the phone, and a textured bottom. The housing is held by 3 screws instead of the 1 screw like the later models. I am not sure if they called the later models the Sonofon, but would assume that is what they would be called. This one is in good condition, but quite dirty and looks like it was once home to roaches. It is cleaning up easily and will look quite nice when finished. I took a picture of the 2 diagrams before I removed them when cleaning.
Regards,
-Grayson

markosjal

These sets are very common in Mexico. Indetel was Mexico based and TelMex (Telefonos de Mexico) used them frequently.

Here is one I have with touch pulse dialing.  The button was converted to a hold button with illumination.

https://portlandtel.com/showphone.php?phone=indetel
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish