News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC 1243 MAYBE NOT!!

Started by Doug Rose, December 21, 2021, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am surprised that Collectors seem to shun the SC 1243s, as they are so similar to the WE 302.

This is one sharp set, with the cut corners. ...Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Actually, they have one up on the 302 - you can use them on either short or long loops just by changing some of the connections on the network.  On a 300 series, you need a different model, or, later, an F4 handset, for long loops.  The 1223 though, was like the 302 - you needed a different model for long loops.

Mike

Pourme

~

That's a very handsome set, I really like that handset. You made me realize I don't have one of those.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

thanks Benny...Happy New Year....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I found one on FB,  seller confirmed it was BR 1244 W Special on bottom. Never heard or seen one before.....kinda cool!...Doug
Kidphone

SUnset2

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 30, 2021, 09:52:22 AM
I am surprised that Collectors seem to shun the SC 1243s, as they are so similar to the WE 302.

This is one sharp set, with the cut corners. ...Doug

Other than an obscure variant like the 1244W, the only factory color that I have seen is black.  So once you have one nice one, there isn't much point to accumulating more of them.  Has anybody see any factory colors?  The SC 1543 came in a variety of colors, but not the 1243.

Doug Rose

Paul...I have a Chrome and a Brass but I feel they were after market jobs.

Brass is mine with a Couch handset, I could not find a pic of my Chrome so I borrowed on from the Internet ..Doug
Kidphone