Main Menu

Manual Red 302 Dated 4 19 41

Started by Doug Rose, June 17, 2022, 10:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

thanks David....great info!...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I found a NOS Old Rose mask that I have been saving.

Do you think the old Rose would match or use the other side, looks kind of Ivory

Looks like the size is there but no notch...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 22, 2022, 11:21:36 AM...Do you think the old Rose would match or use the other side, looks kind of Ivory...

To my eye, Old Rose, no, and Ivory would stand out too much. Red would be better.

If you cannot find, have you considered getting one 3D printed.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

I think a mask is out as there is already way too much color on a manual set.

Second idea, a NOS AE card has the pull away to make it 1.5" across at its longest. Opening on the Retainer ring is 1.25. Only drawback is the card is not perfectly round.

Any opinions?
Kidphone

tubaman

Personally I like the look of the black and white one you tried first.
It's not clear to me if it would have had a red mask originally, and even if it did getting an exact colour match will be tricky.

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on June 23, 2022, 03:22:59 AMPersonally I like the look of the black and white one you tried first.
It's not clear to me if it would have had a red mask originally, and even if it did getting an exact colour match will be tricky.
I have decided to keep it just the way I have it. Not sure how sturdy this 81 year old beauty is and I would be devastated to break off any of the retainer.

It does surprise me that a group of collectors at Jim's show passed this by. It is in just amazing condition. Looks much better in person.

I do have better cords, but I have decided to keep it original.

Anyone have a Manual Blue for sale?  8) ...Doug
Kidphone