News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Colored lead wire

Started by Dan/Panther, December 01, 2008, 01:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Does anyone have a source for colored flat lead wire, I want to match the wire to the color of the phone, but can't find other than White, Black, Grey, Clear, Beige, and Charcoal.
Do they make it in Green, Red, Turquiose, Yellow, Pink ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, I don't know where to buy the colored line cord that you are asking about but if the phones that you bought have matching line cords you can utilize them by just adding a modular type plug at the end.  Since there are already spade tips the plugs/adapter I like to use are available at PhoneCo.

http://www.phonecoinc.com/category.asp?rpage=search&category=Acc#01022

Scroll down the left hand column to part #212.  With these you can attach the original line cord to the adapter and plug it in to your jack.

I knew a guy that used to buy rotary desk phones for a while and would remove the original line cords and throw them away.  He'd buy black line cord and make a new cord so that it he was able to plug it in to the wall.

In the case of phone that have already been adapted or manufactured with modular plugs then that's a different story, obviously as there are no line cords attached to the phone.

Dennis

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Looks like the solution.
I save the original line cords, so I can just clean them, and connect them to the #212 adaptor.
Thanks.
Also I wouldn't buy a phone with a modular phone jack on the back, I think it ruins the originality, and collector value.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Agreed!  (Modular phone jack).  By the way PhoneCo will give a discount to members of the ATCA and probably the TCI too.   In case any of you are members.

Dennis

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther

Also I wouldn't buy a phone with a modular phone jack on the back, I think it ruins the originality, and collector value.

Especially if they notch the housing for the jack!  Don't you just hate that? :P  Yes, I like using original old style jacks with a new adapter. :)