News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W 28 telephone

Started by rdelius, October 01, 2010, 04:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

W28 in my collection .Built by Groos &Graf. Not working missing parts.  1938 on capacitor.My nice S&H built in 1928 was one of the stolen sets.
Robby

Greg G.

Quote from: rdelius on October 01, 2010, 04:41:54 PM
My nice S&H built in 1928 was one of the stolen sets.
Robby

???  What stolen sets?  You got robbed?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

rdelius

About 3 years ago another person renting a room in a house i was also renting a room stole many telephones,radios and some railroad items from me and my landlord. Found some of the items at a local antique dealer that was owned by the local ex police chief but could not get most of the items back. Even though i could describe flaws etc the police were not mush help. Got back about 20% of what was stolen. Police want serial numbers of items. Antiques don't have serial numbers.The thief took items out of boxes and left the empty boxes to be discovered later. Moved items around on shelves to disguise spaces etc. To the police a black telephone is a black telephone .Model numbers meant nothing. Photos did not help. I have no idea where the items went to after the antique dearer. Have not seen anything at other antique shops or flea markets. I would recognise them if I did
Robby

Greg G.

That stinks!  >:(  I've had some real jerks for roommates, but not on that level.  Won't do the roommate thing anymore, anyhow, anyway.  Are we supposed to etch ID marks into antiques now?  I find it odd that serial numbers are the only legal means of identifying property.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e