News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eiffel tower phone

Started by bushman, October 10, 2010, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Ok I sent him an email . Now just have to wait and see.

Bushman

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bushman on October 11, 2010, 12:16:51 AM
Ok I sent him an email . Now just have to wait and see.

Bushman
See, It is easy to contact strangers.  I have been doing it for years. I know many telephone collectors due to side conversations that I started when I ask their opinions.

Folks are generally willing to help you with a subject they are familiar with.

As I say, Don't be scared to talk to strangers. I have gotten many phones because I took the time to talk to strangers.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

Quote from: Jim S. on October 11, 2010, 12:31:47 AM

As I say, Don't be scared to talk to strangers.
Jim

HA!  You've never driven a bus before, either!   :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

This is hands down the Find of the Year!!! This is one outstanding phone, these easily sell of 1K everytime. I'd clean it up and put it on a shelf. If you are looking to trade it, I'm sure members of the Forum will line up with multiple phone offers. I would be first in line with offers! Great find!!....Doug
Kidphone

mienaichizu

such a great find, i like it ;D

Witty

What an awesome and rare find.  I collect these and have many of the old early Ericsson phones also. It does need some repair that I can see.  The wood platform has a crack, but looks like it's all there and can simply be glued back. The handset originally would have had the funnel shape mouthpiece. The original cords were all braided when these came out, so they have been replaced at some point, but not an issue at all.  I do notice that one of the ornate pendants are missing under the cradle, and the cradle is bent on one side, but that can be fixed if you are careful going about it so as not to crack the brass.  Without seeing all of the magneto parts, I assume they are all there.  It's hard for those to get damaged anyway.  Ericsson was also very good with their records so if you can find the serial number that's usually stamped on the base, you can pin down the exact year it was made.  If you find it, I have a serial number list.  Here is a nice site of the Ericsson production lines and models that will help you determine the exact model also. 

http://www.stsf.org/Tele_1911/1911_LME_secA.htm#ac300

Hope this helps, and like one member said, many would get in line to acquire one of these.  Way to go!
Ken

Dewdrop

Bushman,

You're one LUCKY dude.

Awesome phone

Debbie
Debbie

AE_Collector

Debbie:

Is that your Hallowe'en Avatar??

Terry