"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help to ID and where to find ??

Started by AdamW, May 17, 2012, 01:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamW

Hello all,,
I found this image and all I know about it is  it was called a line indicator. Wondering on what this item might have belonged to/come off of, what it's really called (so I can find one and where can I get one? Any help would be appreciated.

Owain

it looks more like an indicator from a call system that would be used in hotels etc (room service for maid, valet, waiter, housekeeper)

K1WI

I've seen them used as alarm or status indicators on central office eqipment . They were always seperate from the aisle pilots , mostly used on "non relay rack" mounted circuits.   I'm sure somebody on the forum can find a BSP or other refference that gives an SD number or some other identifier.
   The most unusual use of these indicators I ever saw was ... WEATHER INDICATORS in a New York City  phone building.   Spent a year back in the late 1970s at  811 10th Avenue in Manhatten , it is called the windowless wonder , a 29 floor building that has only two small windows on either side of the front door that allow access to flag poles !!!  Think there are some websites that describe it. (try Wikipedia)
  To keep the techs form going bonkers , never seeing outside , they used several types of indicator assemblies to  designate the weather outside .

Andy F       K1WI                 @mgh

Andy F    K1WI

keysys

20B lamp indicator, light olive gray exterior (-49), four lamp positions, color of lenses furnished: red, white, green, amber.

Nonflush type, may be mounted in horizontal or vertical fixed position, may be terminated on a mounting cord and mounted without fastening on a horizontal surface, a nonskid pad is furnished for use when indicator is not mounted in a fixed position.

Associated mounting cord (D6W-49),  when required, must be ordered seperately.

Uses switchboard lamps or key equipment lamps.  Lamps must be ordered seperately.

This info was found in BSP 463-210-100 - Issue 4 - July 1970 - Ordering guide - Table A.