"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 511

Started by MagicMo, February 09, 2013, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hello friends,

I found a few phones while I was "phonetiquing" today.
For the 511  the seller wanted $250. SAY WHAT?????
The Ericsson phone was $65
The other "phone" was $60. Seller thinks it was a field phone from WW1. Hmmmm??
Please give me your .02

Thanks!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

Mo:

The disease is spreading.  You, like the rest of us, have a house full of phones, and you are out looking for more!  OK, maybe yo are trying to price them so you know what to sell yours at.  ;)

I would say that if you havea 511, you should not expect to get any where near $250.  You got that totally right!

-Bill G

MagicMo

Quote from: Phonesrfun on February 09, 2013, 08:37:44 PM
Mo:

The disease is spreading.  You, like the rest of us, have a house full of phones, and you are out looking for more!  OK, maybe yo are trying to price them so you know what to sell yours at.  ;)

I would say that if you havea 511, you should not expect to get any where near $250.  You got that totally right!

Yes, I have been infected. While I have loads of phones at home, anything I don't have interests me. There is nothing like seeing it in person. I just can't help myself! My husband is a collector of things so our relationship lends itself to co-dependency. As you can see, we are not in a hurry to sell any of the phones.  While I did not buy anything, I did get a thrill out of looking at the phones. Yep, I'm done for!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Sargeguy

The "WWI field telephone" has a WE condenser of some sort.  Railroad apparatus?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rdelius

The other telephone is a EE-3 camp telephone from wwl missing is's  oak box