News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My purge has ended.

Started by Greg G., July 22, 2018, 12:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

At least for a while.  My wife wanted the living room back, and so did I, so I spent the better part of today consolidating the boxes, doing another inventory, putting what's left back into the cabinet and cleaning up the mess.  I managed to reduce my collection of boxes with phones in them by about half.  I will probably put them up for sale again sometime in the future, but not for a while, I'm taking a breather. 

Thanks to everyone who gave these a good home.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

RotarDad

A big "Thank you" to you, Greg, for showing us how it's done!!!!  You did several things well:

1) Realized you had "too much stuff" that you weren't going to "get to".
2) Mustered the energy/enthusiasm to take action.
3) Pushed through to get significant results.
4) Helped many on the forum add to their collections.

Great stuff - I was inspired to continue my efforts in this area as well!  Thanks again.
Paul

sallenabq

I don't know if I'm too late, but I am trying to get enough old phones together to have an exhibit at a small museum, Belen Harvey House.  I don't care if they work or not, just so they look like phones.  If still have any to purge, I will pay postage.  Thank you.

https://www.harveyhousemuseum.org/

Greg G.

Quote from: sallenabq on July 24, 2018, 10:15:33 PM
I don't know if I'm too late, but I am trying to get enough old phones together to have an exhibit at a small museum, Belen Harvey House.  I don't care if they work or not, just so they look like phones.  If still have any to purge, I will pay postage.  Thank you.

https://www.harveyhousemuseum.org/

I'm taking a break, not sure when I'll put what's left up for sale.  Packing and shipping was far more time consuming than I realized.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Chesterwick

Thanks Greg, your purge has resulted in a couple nice 500's in my collection! Appreciate it.

J