"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Did You See That eBay Blue 302?

Started by George Knighton, March 19, 2013, 10:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Knighton

Did you see that Blue 302 on eBay?

Went for $1225.00 plus shipping, even with the crack in it.

0.o

I don't think I'm ever going to have a Blue.  They're just too rare and ridiculously expensive.

Keeping my eyes open for a Green instead.  That seems a more likely complement to my Ivory and Old Rose.  :-)

Annoying new poster.

LarryInMichigan

It leaves me feeling blue ;D

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

sebbel

I'd be happy with a white one... Never even seen one in person. I dont think they made it to Canada. Not to Nova Scotia anyway.
Seb.

Doug Rose

Tough phones are keeping their price up even in this condition...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Quote from: sebbel on March 20, 2013, 09:01:27 PM
I'd be happy with a white one... Never even seen one in person. I dont think they made it to Canada. Not to Nova Scotia anyway.

When I lived in Montréal in 1973, my roommate told me her mother had an ivory 302. I believe that it had been installed by Bell Canada.  I told her to bring it and I would hook it up. The handset wires had been disconnected but once they were reconnected, it worked fine. I don't recall now whether it was Northern Electric or Western Electric, or maybe WE plastics and the other parts NE.

I do have a NE 500 in aqua blue, c. 1957, that has WE plastics. Not sure that it was originally like that but it doesn't appear to be a cobbled phone. Perhaps NE did not yet have that color in production.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.