News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 32 - Western Electric TT Trials Version

Started by Dan, August 20, 2009, 11:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Might be a good candidate for Bingster's auction contest. Interesting super early touchtone prototype..... :o :o :o

http://tinyurl.com/lxyroa

I'm going out on a limb and starting @ $550

S C O R E B O A R D
$225 - bingster
$445 - brinybay
$550 - Dan
Sold for $589.99
$650 - HobieSport
$829.58 - bwanna
$876.21 - Dennis Markham
$945 - Dan/Panther
$3200 - foots
$4500 - JorgeAmely
$5000 - McHeath
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

If that really is a WE, it will probably go for more than that.  It sure looks like the real McCoy.  I am drooling already.

A prototype plucked reed 302 tone prototype sold about 6 or 9 months ago for something like $18k if I remember correctly.

-Bill G

bingster

Looks like a winner, Dan. This is officially Auction 32!  Get your guesses in before the final day and you might be the winner!
= DARRIN =

McHeath

What a cool and unique phone, with lots of great historical interest.  That reed plucked deal did go for something in the high 17k range as I recall, and so I'm going to guess that this one will be in the $5000 buck range. 

Phonesrfun

Let it be said that I started the bidding at $0.99  I am currently the high bidder.  Let the fun begin...
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

I want to use my clunker's money to pay for it: $4500   ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Wasn't there just a post a couple weeks ago with a baby blue set just like that ?
I doubt the prototype handle, I'll say $945.00
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

It appears to be built on a 1955 chassis, curious eh?  Guess they just went to the warehouse and grabbed some old black 500s to rig this one up.  The keys are pretty much what the 1500 would have, compared to earlier touch tone prototypes, and Northern Electric would make a phone almost just like this years later.

Speaking of which, hey Hobie where are the pics of the inner guts of the aqua China made 3500 you bought a while back?  Enquiring minds want to see. :)

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath
Speaking of which, hey Hobie where are the pics of the inner guts of the aqua China made 3500 you bought a while back?  Enquiring minds want to see. :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. I'm just about to get my Photoshop up and running again. I'll post pics when I do on this thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1177.0

-Matt
-Matt

Dennis Markham

HobieSport

-Matt

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

bwanna

i'm with d/p. i am skeptical of the proto-type claim.  people are  crazy tho, i'm gonna say 829.58$
donna